Gateway to University's Financial Processes
The Controller's Office is responsible for providing processes, systems, controls, and procedures over financial functions so the University of Minnesota has timely, accurate, and complete financial information for use in decision making. In addition, the Controller's Office strives to reduce costs and increase efficiencies for the University.
The Controller's Office reports to the Office of Budget & Finance. Within the Controller's Office there are a number of units, each responsible system-wide for a distinct area of business:
- Controller's Office administration
- Accounting Services and Inventory Services
- Accounts Receivable Services and the Merchant Card Program
- Disbursement Services
- EFS Customer Support
- EFS Module Support
- Internal/External Sales
- Purchasing Services and Travel Services and the Procurement Card Program
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Sponsored Financial Reporting
- Treasury Accounting
Financial System User Assistance and News
- EFS enhancements initiatives
- Did my Purchase Order roll from FY12 to FY13?
- Looking for Chart of Accounts information, including changes made for this fiscal year?
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) requires the University of Minnesota to implement safeguards to insure the security and confidentiality of certain non-public customer information. Read more here...
PCI DSS (payment card industry data security standard)
University of Minnesota departments that accept payment cards as payment for goods and services are contractually obligated to follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). Read more here...
Identity Theft Prevention Program (Red Flags Rule)
The Red Flags rule requires many businesses and organizations to implement a written identity theft prevention program designed to detect the warning signs (or "red flags") of identity theft in their day-to-day operations. Read more here...
Other web sites
The Controller's Office has a number of web presences: